These events include: Have-A-Go-sports, watching every medal and all the Olympic sporting action beamed in live, courtesy of the BBC on giant, state-of-the-art screens and enjoying amazing live music performed by some of the best of Britain’s musical acts, all absolutely FREE! Hyde Park will open from 28 July – 11 August and Victoria Park from, 27 July – 12 August.
At Hyde Park: visitors will enjoy various sports participation activities (Badminton, Netball, Tennis, Modern Pentathlonamong others) as well as cultural and musical performances on the BT Vision Stage, attractions including face-painting at The Sun Bus, or moving into the Great Games Zone in Cadbury House to get a taste of what it’s like to be in the shoes of an Olympic athlete, head to head in a virtual race with Rebecca Adlington before receiving a celebratory chocolate medal. There will also be other music and retail opportunities around the Serpentine Bar and Bandstand. The Main Stage in Hyde Park will feature a host of great musical artists including: Tom Jones, Rebecca Ferguson, Alexandra Burke, Amy MacDonald, McFly,Saint Etienne, The Overtones and The Temper Trap. BT London Live is proud to announce that Ocean Colour Scene, Ren Harvieu, Cover Drive, The Enemy, Lemar and The View have all been added to the main stage line up presented by Absolute Radio (Official national radio station of BT London Live)- and Magic FM (Official London radio station of BT London Live)
In Victoria Park: visitors will be able to enjoy an amazing array of family-friendly Have-A-Go sports and cultural entertainment with a 55m high BT Observation Wheel giving views of the Olympic Park, amazing outdoor spectacles, Bungee Trampolines, Zip Lines and land and water Zorbing. On the main stage inVictoria Park, visitors will enjoy performances by top UK acts including Norman Jay and Friends, Club De Fromage, Alexandra Burke, Alyssa Reid, Jazzie B and Friends plus BT London Live is proud to announce new additions to the calendar presented by Kiss FM (Official London radio station of BT London Live)- Sway, Skepta, Yasmin, Misha B, Conor Maynard, Soul II Soul and Brand New Heavies
For BT London Live sites book your Guaranteed Entry Ticket in advance (there is a transaction fee of £3.50 for a maximum of 4 tickets per booking) or just walk up on the day for free entry (subject to capacity).
In addition, in Hyde Park, there are also two Celebration Concerts with a ticket price of approx. £55. BT London Live will open with an Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert in Hyde Park on Friday 27 July withDuran Duran, Paolo Nutini, Stereophonics and Snow Patrol, all performing. Blur, The Specials, New Order,Bombay Bicycle Club are playing the Closing Ceremony Celebration Concert in Hyde Park on 12 August.
BT London Live’ is a partnership between the Mayor of London, The Royal Parks and The London Borough of Tower Hamlets, and is a key part of the citywide programme of events being organised by the Mayor of London to celebrate theLondon 2012 Games.
Log on to www.btlondonlive.com for full details.
WHO ELSE IS PLAYING?
Youwill be able to watch some of the best acts in the UK perform free in Hyde Park and Victoria Park this summer.
· Saturday 28 July – Sir Tom Jones, Newton Faulkner
· Sunday 29 July –, Nell Bryden, We Will Rock You
· Monday 30 July – Ren Harvieu, The Feeling
· Tuesday 31 July – Rebecca Ferguson, Cover Drive
· Wednesday 1 August – The Levellers The Beat
· Thursday 2 August – Alexandra Burke, Lawson
· Friday 3 August – Amy MacDonald, Dodgy, Cast
· Saturday 4 August – McFly, Saint Etienne
· Sunday 5 August – Alyssa Reid
· Monday 6 August – Lemar
· Tuesday 7 August – Kenny Thomas
· Wednesday 8 August – Nik Kershaw
· Thursday 9 August – The Overtones, The Enemy
· Friday 10 August – The Temper Trap, Ocean Colour Scene, Feeder
· Saturday 11 August – Paul Carrack, The View
· Friday 27 July – TBA
· Saturday 28 July – Swing Patrol, John Wean, Fat 45, Norman Jay and Friends + Don Letts
· Sunday 29 July – Halfway To New York, Busk Off Pro – Robbie Boyd Band, East London Reggae
· Monday 30 July – Jive Aces, Club De Fromage, Scams, Rising Tide, Jangles, Bigga Fish, Tenors of Rock
· Tuesday 1st August – Scams, Rising Tide, Bow Jangles, Bigga Fish, Theatre Tol.
· Wednesday 1 August – Brassroots, Jazz Umbrella Presents Courtney Pine and Trevor Watkis trio and Loz Speyer Quartet, Goldheart Assembly
· Thursday 2 August – Alexandra Burke, Eliza and the Bear, London Contemporary Orchestra, Talvin Singh, Misha B.
· Friday 3 August – Grande Union Youth Orchestra, Hackney Colliery Band, Sounds From of the Asian Underground from Bobby Friction, Crowns.
· Saturday 4 August – The Asps, Rising Tide, Rhythms of City Samba, Guilty Pleasures
· Sunday 5 August – Alyssa Reid, Hudson Taylor, The Fontannas, Swing Zazou, Electro Swing Club, Sway
· Monday 6 August – Romani Rad, Gypsy Soundclash – Trans Siberian Marching Band, Alejandro and The Magic Tombolinos, Gypsy Hill, The Thirst, Horsemeat Disco
· Tuesday 7 August – KAV , Jive Aces, Katy Carr and The Aviators, Movimientos Sounds of Latin London Remixed – Lokkiterra, Wara, Ska Cubano, Los Chinches
· Wednesday 8 August – Laura Steel, Bikini Beach Band, Grande Union Youth Orchestra, African Routemaster 21st Century London African Sounds
· Thursday 9 August – I Dream In Colour, Natty Bo and Congeroos, Premises Studios and Moshi Moshi Records, The Fabulous Lounge Swingers
· Friday 10 August – Acid Jazz Presents 25th Anniversary Special including Matt Berry and Gino Washington, Colour The Atlas.
· Saturday 11 August – Mount Fabric, Perhaps Contraption, Jazzie B and Friends, Skepta
· Sunday 12 August – Cuttashine Hoedown, Kidnap Alice, Imagined Village Spectacular
For artist performance times please visit http://www.btlondonlive.com/
WHAT ATTRACTIONS ARE PLANNED?
A plethora of fun activities for everyone across both sites.
· Five Giant screens – BT London Live welcomes Londoners and visitors to watch the BBC's coverage of The Games beamed live into the sites and enjoy an exciting range of entertainment. BT London Live Hyde Park will show the BBC’s Olympic Games coverage on five giant screens, (the largest at 144m2) between 11:00 – 0:00hrs daily.
· Exclusive appearance from Team GB Medallists –The BOA (British Olympic Association) is partnering with BT to give fans an exclusive opportunity to see Team GB medallists in person during the Games. The official Team GB Fan Zone will be where British medal winners first gather to publicly celebrate their success with Team GB fans this summer. For Team GB’s Olympic medallists this will be an amazing opportunity to celebrate in front of their home crowd in the heart of the city.
· Main Stage – The main stage screens will separate two or three times a day, dependent on the sporting schedule, to reveal top acts performing every night, with approx performance times of 5pm – 7pm and 9:30pm – 10:30pm.
· Have-A-Go in the Sports Arena with 300-seat grandstand – The Sports Arena will operate three sessions every day from 11:00 to 14:30, 14:45 – 17:45 and 18:00 – 21:00. It will have something for all ages. Activities include: Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Cricket, Football, Handball, Judo, Lacrosse, Modern Pentathlon (Shooting Range and Fencing), Netball, Tennis, Volleyball and Wheelchair Basketball. Sessions all attended by sports professionals.
· BT House and BT Vision Stage – BT House will offer people the opportunity to meet sporting legends; listen to live musicperformances on the BT Vision stage; win tickets every day to the London 2012 Games, including Closing Ceremony, Athletics and Gymnastics, by playing London 2012 – the Official Video Game of the Olympic Games; or to just relax and get online with free BT Total Broadband and BT Wi-Fi.
· Cadbury House –Walk into the Joyville tasting zone to experience the deliciousness of Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate, before continuing into the Chocolatrium to take part in five Cadbury experiences The journey then moves into the Great Games Zone to get a true taste of what it’s like to be in the shoes of an Olympic athlete including the chance to go head to head in a virtual race against with Rebecca Adlington before receiving a celebratory chocolate medal.
· Sun Bus – (The Sun, Official Print Partner of BT London Live) chill out on deck chairs and enjoy a wholehost of family fun including face painting, pose with your head through funny photo boards, watch magicians and have fun with balloonists. Plus The Sun Cheerleaders will be helping Hyde Park celebrate in style
· The Times and Sunday Times Lounge (The Times and Sunday Times, Official Print Partners of BT London Live) will allow Times + members to relax in a hostedenvironment which includes a bar, café and garden area
· Absolute Radio – (Official London Radio Partner of BT London Live) Every day from 5pm, Absolute Radio’s latest signing Johnny Vaughan will broadcast live from BT London Live at Hyde Park (Absolute Radio, Official London Radio Partner of BT London Live). Set to feature interviews with famous comedians, musicians, presenters and Olympians the show will reflect the big events, the obscure sports and the day’s talking points on and off the track.
· Magic – (Official London Radio Station of BT London Live) Magic 105.4’s Breakfast Show presenters Neil Fox and Verity Geere will be broadcasting live from BT London Live on Friday 27 July from 4-7pm in the lead up to the Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert. The show will reflect the atmosphere, artists and preview the sporting action to come. Magic will also capture the excitement from Hyde Park for the duration of the Olympic Gameswith interviews from artists appearing each day and updates of all the medalmoments.
· Bandstand – regular music programme every day from 12noon to 10:30pm with a mixed line up from Live Connection www.live-connection.co.uk and Gigs www.molpresents.com/gigs
· Giant Screens – 3 screens set up across the park to watch the BBC's coverage of The Games beamed live into the sites.
· Multi-purpose Sports Courts: sports include Badminton, Tennis, Wheelchair Basketball, Handball, Judo, Volleyball, Basketball, Table Tennis, Lacrosse and Athletics.
· Main Stage presented by KISS (official London Radio Station of BT London Live): line up includesNorman Jay and Friends, Soul II Soul, Brand New Heavies, Yasmin, Alexandra Burke, Skepta, Sway, Misha B and Conor Maynard.
· BT Hot Air Balloon: free tethered flights (dependent on weather)
· Sun Pub -(The Sun, Official Print Partner of BT London Live) a space to have a drink and watch the Games on multiple plasma screens.
· Sun Bus – -(The Sun, Official Print Partner of BT London Live) chill out on deck chairs and enjoy a whole host of family fun including face painting, pose with your head through funny photo boards, watch magicians and have fun with balloonists. Plus The Sun Cheerleaders will be helping Hyde Park celebrate in style
· Kids Zone: Activities will include sporting themed craft activities for children aged 2-8 years for up to 600 young children every day from 11am – 5pm. Activities include torch and medal-making and sports themed story -telling
· Showtime: between 8 – 12 August a taster of some of the exciting artists taking part in Showtime, which has been commissioned by the Mayor of London and is the biggest festival of outdoor arts ever staged in the Capital . Artists range from Red Poppy (female Chinese Drum ensemble from Beijing) tocomedy & magic shows.
· Theatre Tol: the leading outdoor arts company from Belgium will perform a late evening 45-minute cycling based aerial spectacle. Nightly performances will be staged from 27 July – 1 August.
· Fanfare, all the best show choirs from the USA, with varied performances from three different schools every night in the Sports Arena between 3 & 7 August
· Cirque Bijou & The Boxettes, an urban performance of parkour and dance nightly with interactive workshops through out the day on 6 & 7 August
· In the Zone, a Wellcome Trust initiative inspired by the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, It provides a fun, free and fascinating way of using science to discover how our bodies work during sport, activity, movement and rest.
· Big Dance will be running mass participation dance events ranging from Dirty Dancing, Bollywood, Disco Fever, Tango and many more themes in nightly performances in the Sports Arena between 28July & 2 August.
· The World in London Project, a visual art exhibition from the Photographers Gallery, with images of Londoners from all over the world depicting London’s diverse population and illustrating that all 204 competing nations in the Olympic Games will have ‘home support’
Paid for attractions (which can be obtained via www.btlondonlive.com when booking Guaranteed Entry Tickets) include:
· Kiss FM Zip Line, (Kiss FM, official London Radio Station of BT London Live) zip down the 320m long, 45m high, 4 wire
· BT Observation Wheel, first class view of the Olympic Park and the London skyline