Work for the Summer Festival Guide
Are you a budding photographer, or studying in the media / music industry? Would you like free passes to some of the biggest music festivals in the world? Have you ever wished you could interview some of your favourite artists? Do you want the chance to work and be a part of one of the leading festival guide sites in the world?
If you have answered yes to the above questions, then we want you!
We are looking for a number of photographers, journalists and media writers to help us cover music festivals all over Europe. We are currently a small outfit of very enthusiastic music lovers who are passionate about music and live music events, and in order for us to expand our empire we need your help.
What can we possibly offer you, you may ask! Well have a look below:
- Free tickets to music festivals all over the UK and Europe.
- The chance to interview artists playing the festivals.
- Photography / Press passes so you have access to press pits to get the best photos!
What do we require in return you may ask? All we ask is that you take high quality photos of the artists and festival goers at the event and that you write a review of your day at the festival. The Summer Festival Guide will publish your review and photos on the website and you will be accredited accordingly.
At the moment we are not onboarding any new journalists or photographers. Please check back soon.
Terms and Conditions
- You must be over 18 to apply.
- You must be able to organise your own transport to travel to festivals.
- You must be able to take a laptop to festivals to ensure that we can report onsite.
- You must be able to arrive at festivals on a Thursday if required (dependent on the festival)
- You must be able to organise your own accommodation (paid if required) if there is no accommodation provided at the festival.
- You must be contactable and have good communication skills.
- Must own a DSLR Camera with at least 2 lenses, one lens must be a zoom lens.
- Must have some experience with music / event photography.
- Must have an online portfolio.
- Must have some previous experience with reviewing events.
- Must be comfortable writing up questions for artists.
- Must listen to a broad range of music.
Please fill in the application form below.
If you do not meet the above requirements we will not reply to you. Also please note that it can take up to two weeks to get a response due to the sheer volume of applications we receive.
Note: The positions offered above are not paid, they are more of a stepping stone for you to be able to showcase your photography and journalism skills to the mass public. Any work put on the site will be accredited accordingly.