Families with children looking to try out new sports, Londoners wanting to catch up with the Gamesafter a long day at work, or groups of friends wishing to catch their favourite music acts live – BT London Live will be the place to be in London during the Games.
Visitors to BT London Live Victoria Park 27 July – 12 August will get the chance to experience the following for FREE:
· Multi-purpose sports courts: sports include Badminton, Tennis, Wheelchair Basketball, Handball, Judo, Volleyball, Basketball, Table Tennis, Lacrosse and Athletics.
· Entertainment on the Main Stage presented by KISS (official London Radio Station of BT London Live):Norman Jay and FriendsSaturday 28 July, Alexandra Burke Thursday 2 August Soul II Soul Saturday 4August, Club de Fromage, Courtney Pine, Alyssa Reid, Sean Rowley’s Guilty Pleasures, Slow Club, Summer Camp, Sound of Latin London, and more
· BT Air Balloon: free tethered flights available dependant on weather conditions
· Kids Zone: Activities will include sporting themed craft activities for children aged 2-8 years for up to 600 young children every day from 11am – 5pm. There’s also the chance for children to participate in ‘One Movement’, a youth focused sports festival aimed at a younger audience covering sports not featuring in the Sports Arena, this runs daily from 11am – 8pm from 2 – 5 August.
· Showtime: between 8 – 12 August a taster of some of the exciting artists taking part in Showtime, which has been commissioned by the Mayor of London and is the biggest festival of outdoor arts ever staged in the capital . Artists range from Red Poppy (Chinese Drum ensemble from the Beijing Opening Ceremony) to comedy & magic shows.
· Theatre Tol: also part of Showtime, the leading outdoor arts company from Belgium will perform a late evening 45-minute cycling based aerial spectacle.. Nightly performances will be staged between 27 July – 1 August nightly.
· Fanfare, all the best show choirs from the USA, with varied performances from three different schools every night in the Sports Arena between 3 & 7 August
· Cirque Bijou & The Boxettes, an urban performance of parkour and dance nightly with interactive workshops through out the day on 6 & 7 August
· In the Zone, a Wellcome Trust initiative inspired by the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, It provides a fun, free and fascinating way of using science to discover how our bodies work during sport, activity, movement and rest.
· Big Dance will be running massparticipation dance events ranging from Dirty Dancing, Bollywood, Disco Fever, Tango and many more themes in nightly performances in the Sports Arena between 28July & 1s August.
· The World in London Project, avisual art proposal from the Photographers Gallery, with images of Londonersfrom all over the world depicting London’s diverse population and illustrating that all 204 competing nations in the Olympic Games have ‘home support’.
Mayor of Tower Hamlets, Lutfur Rahman said: “BT London Live is a great way for residents and visitors to share in the excitement of the Games. Victoria Park will be at the heart of the action with live music, a range of sports to try out and a fantastic festival atmosphere.”
Paid for attractions (which can be obtained via www.btlondonlive.comwhen booking Guaranteed Entry Tickets) include:
· Zip Line, zip down the 320m long, 45m high, 4 wire
· BT Observation Wheel, a first class view of the Olympic Park and the London skyline
· Zorbing, by land or on water
*BT London Live Victoria Park is subject to planning application
Access to BT London Live is FREE, just walk up and join the fun. There are a limited number of Guaranteed Entry Tickets still available for those who wish to ensure they don’t miss out on a particular day or their favourite sport. Pre-booked tickets for BT London Live provide guaranteed entry before 2pm. After 2pm, entry is on a first-come, first-served basis, but due to likely demand, may be subject tolong queues. An order processing fee of £3.50 will be applied to each transaction of up to four Guaranteed Entry Tickets*. To secure your tickets and for more information about Guaranteed Entry, please go to www.btlondonlive.com. *Guaranteed Entry tickets are not available for BT London Live Trafalgar Square which offers walk in entry at all times, on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to capacity.
BT London Live is also hosting two Celebration Concerts in Hyde Park to coincide with the Opening and Closing Ceremonies. Snow Patrol,Stereophonics, Duran Duran and Paolo Nutini will perform at the Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert on Friday 27 July, whilst Blur will headline the Closing Ceremony Celebration Concert on Sunday 12 August, with special guests Bombay Bicycle Club, New Order and The Specials. No one will miss the excitement as all the action from the Olympic Park will be beamed into BT London Live. For tickets and more information go to www.btlondonlive.com.