Sónar Barcelona, which will take place on 14, 15 and June 16, presents its first confirmed artists, including The Roots, Deadmau5, Hot Chip, Modeselektor, James Blake dj, Fatboy Slim, Richie Hawtin, Amon Tobin’s ISAM, Squarepusher, Nicolas Jaar, Luciano, Azari & III, Jacques Lu Cont, Friendly Fires, Metronomy, John Talabot, Mouse On Mars, BBC Radio 1 presents Annie Mac & guests and showcases from Hyperdub, Brainfeeder and 100% Silk, among others.
- The festival travels to Africa for the first time with "A Taste of Sónar" on March the 2nd, in Cape Town (South Africa), in collaboration with the large multidisciplinary event Design Indaba. Among those performing will be Modeselektor, Byetone, Brodinski and some of the most prominent South African artists working today.
- Sónar returns to Japan – for the fifth time – on 21 and 22 April for SonarSound Tokyo, with a line-up combining major international artists such as Squarepusher, The Cinematic Orchestra, Vincent Gallo, Clark, Rustie and some of the most outstanding representatives of today's Japanese scene.
- Sónar São Paulo takes place on 11 and 12 May, and will be the largest of all the events organized by Sónar outside Barcelona, featuring – among others – Mogwai, Jeff Mills, Squarepusher, Za! and Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, in addition to the previously announced artists Björk, Justice, Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto, James Blake, Four Tet and Modeselektor.
- This year for the first time, Sónar is introducing the new payment system in two instalmentsfor purchasing the 3-day pass for the festival in Barcelona, with an initial payment of 80€ when the booking is made (before 31 March) and a second payment of 75€ before 5 May. Find all information about the Sónar tickets here
- These 3 new dates make a total of 31 events that Sónar has organized all over the world, in countries like the United States, Japan, Brazil, South Korea, Germany, Mexico, Switzerland, Portugal, the United Kingdom and Argentina, among others.