Tijs Verwest, better known as Tiësto, will perform for the first time ever as VER:WEST at Tomorrowland Around the World. Unveiling his new melodic house music project to the world at the iconic Freedom Stage during Tomorrowland’s digital festival.
“I would describe VER:WEST as melodic house music. It’s a lot deeper and more chill and a very different energy than Tiësto. I got this opportunity from Tomorrowland to express a different side of me which I’ve never done before. I know they are going to put amazing visuals around it and make it look really different and cool. Expect the unexpected, it’s going to look amazing!”
Katy’s set will be a breath-taking visual spectacle featuring some of her greatest hits, as well as brand-new music from her upcoming album, “Smile”
Global pop superstar Katy Perry will perform a spectacular and unprecedented show at Tomorrowland Around the World, the digital festival. One of the best-selling musical artists of all time, Katy will dazzle the People of Tomorrow across the globe in an eye-popping visual spectacle full of special effects, delivering a breath-taking show of her greatest hits which shaped 21st century pop music as well as brand new music from her fifth album, “Smile,” which is set to be released on August 14.
Tomorrowland now teams up with Katy Perry, the worlds of electronic dance music and pop will collide in one of the most spectacular ways possible. The global chart-dominating American singer has previously worked together on songs with world class DJs and producers Zedd and Calvin Harris, while her iconic tracks (“I Kissed A Girl,” “Teenage Dream,” “Firework,” “Roar,” “Dark Horse”, and more) have been remixed by some of dance music’s top producers, including Tiësto, Oliver Heldens, R3HAB, Kaskade, Tommie Sunshine, Benny Bennassi, and many more.
In her 12 years with Capitol, Katy has racked up a cumulative 40 billion streams alongside worldwide sales of over 45 million adjusted albums and 135 million tracks. She was the first to reach 100 million followers on Twitter. Katy’s 2015 Super Bowl performance is the highest-rated in the event’s history. Katy was the first female artist to have four videos surpass a billion views each. Her videos for “Firework” and “Last Friday Night” have over one billion views, while “Dark Horse” has surpassed the two billion mark. “Roar” now has over three billion views.
Katy Perry: “I’ve always wanted to be a part of the fun of Tomorrowland, and have been following the amazing innovation, technology, and invention that this festival has always been about for a long time. I’m so glad to be a part of this version, and I hope my set makes you smile.”
Tomorrowland Around the World, the digital festival
- Saturday July 25 and Sunday July 26, 2020.
- Between 16h00–01h00 CEST.
- Festival visitors will be able to navigate easily through Pāpiliōnem with a PC, laptop, smartphone or tablet – you don’t need special VR goggles – and explore the entire festival site with all the different stages and points of interest in an interactive way together with friends.
- ‘Time-zone-friendly’ for visitors from Asia and North and South America.
- Open for people of all ages and places.
- Accessible exclusively on tomorrowland.com.
- Day ticket costs €12.50.
- Weekend ticket costs €20.00 and includes a week of video-on-demand content to relive the entire experience.
- Special People of Tomorrow packages and Home Party packages are available.
- Info and updates: tomorrowland.com