How do you fancy a line-up of bands and DJs that stretches across four months? Well, that’s exactly what you’ll get here – Ed Sheeran starts the party on 5th June (Mallorca) and 6th June (Ibiza), whilst Two Door Cinema Club are playing the closing parties on 18th and 19th September. In between you can expect regular gigs, silent discos and clubbing trips. Here’s all you need to know about the 2012 festival for both venues:
- Ed Sheeran is the man of the moment. Riding high on the success of multiple BRIT Awards nominations and hit singles including ‘The A-Team’ and ‘Lego House’, he’s heading to the Balearics to kick things off for us. Mixing grime, indie, acoustic and rap, you’d be hard-pushed to put him in just one music category, so expect the crowds to be massive.
- Activities to look forward to are the weekly silent discos, daily pool parties and the use of the Xbox Social Room, where you can try out the hottest new games.
- This year festival-goers have been treated to double the amount of events, with big-name DJs playing every weekend in addition to the weekly gigs.
- During the summer months you can expect an average of 11 hours of sunshine per day – perfect weather for sunbathing, exploring the islands or trying out some water sports. If you’re in Ibiza then why not check out the hippy shopping scene, or chill out in the Can Marca Caves? On Majorca Island you can visit the Nemo Submarine, hit the trendy bars of Palma or go horse riding in the hills. Don’t forget to take your camera!
- The full list of acts hasn’t been announced, but you can guarantee there will be something to everyone’s taste. In 2011 we had Tinie Tempah, Biffy Clyro and Example, whilst Pendulum and The Kooks have played in previous years. Basically you won’t be disappointed with the eclectic mix of talent here!
- You don’t have to camp. Forget your tent and don’t worry about using dodgy loos in fields, because this festival takes place within the grounds of its very own hotel. Guests have full access to the regular events, and those who stay on gig nights will get their tickets included in the price of their stay. If you book a Stage View Studio room then you won’t even have to leave your accommodation to see the bands, getting your own private party.
- If you want to save even more money, go for the cheaper Mallorca Rocks Hostal package – you’ll be just 500m from the main hotel, with full access to the pools and other facilities, and you won’t miss out on tickets for the events. What’s more, you can also book Ibiza and Mallorca Rocks flights at the same time and have your entire festival holiday sorted in a few simple clicks.
- Want to try some of the local clubs and attractions when you’re there? Just ask your Hotel or Hostal Hosts, who can organise discounted entry to clubs such as BCM in Magaluf, as well as waterpark tickets.
- Two Door Cinema Club, who are closing the festivals, have said: “It’s going to be a fun show. We’ve spoken to other artists who have performed there and it’s supposed to be a crazy party!” We’ll take their word for it.
Now you’ve got all the details, it’s time to start the countdown to summer – let the festival season begin.