BT London Live has something for everyone, from a variety of different live music acts to watching the 100 metres final on a 160m2 screen, the 55m high BT Observation Wheel giving views of the Olympic Park, amazing outdoor spectacles, have-a-go sports, bungee trampolining, Zip Lines and Zorbing, plus al-fresco Sports Bars and much more. A great line up of artists are announced today, all presented by Absolute Radio & Magic 105.4. They include: The Cast of ‘We Will Rock You’, Feeder, Dodgy, The Levellers, Cast, Amy Macdonald, Paul Carrack and Kenny Thomas. For details of days they are performing go to: www.btlondonlive.com
Families with kids looking to try out new sports, Londoners wanting to catch up with the Games after a long day at work, or groups of friends wishing to catch their favourite music acts live – BT London Live will be the place to be in London during the Games.
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson said: "BT London Live is a fantastic way for hundreds of thousands of people to experience all the excitement and live action of the Games for free, and for those inspired by their Olympic and Paralympic heroes to try out different sports. We're planning an unprecedented number of events in every part of the capital and, combined with terrific entertainment at these three iconic locations, it really will be a summer like no other.
Linda Lennon, Chief Executive for The Royal Parks said: "The Royal Parks will host BT London Live in Hyde Park – where visitors can watch live Olympic action, take part in sports, and enjoy music and cultural performances. The summer of 2012 is going to be unforgettable and the atmosphere in Hyde Park and throughout the capital will be sensational.”
Mayor of Tower Hamlets, Lutfur Rahman said: “We are delighted to be a part of BT London Live and as one of the host borough’s the excitement to the build up to the Games is palpable. BT London Live will enable Londoners and visitors to get closer to the Games and what better way to watch the events than outdoors on a massive screen in an iconic location like Victoria Park.”
Access to BT London Live Hyde Park and Victoria Park is FREE, just walk up and join the fun. There are a limited number of Guaranteed Entry Tickets available from 16 MAY for those who wish to ensure they don’t miss out on a particular day or their favourite sport. Pre-booked tickets for BT London Live provide guaranteed entry before 2pm. After 2pm, entry is on a first-come, first-served basis, but due to likely demand, may be subject to long queues. An order processing fee of £3.50 will be applied to each transaction of up to four Guaranteed Entry Tickets*. To secure your tickets and for more information about Guaranteed Entry, please go to www.btlondonlive.com. *Guaranteed Entry tickets are not available for BT London Live Trafalgar Square which offers walk in entry at all times, on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to capacity.
Visitors to BT London Live Hyde Park 28 July -11 August will get the chance to:
- Enjoy live music on the Main Stage from some of the UK’s best loved acts presented by Absolute Radio and Magic 105.4
- Have-a-go at your favourite sports including Tennis, Lacrosse, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Cricket and many more delivered by Sport England and national sporting bodies
- Watch all the action from the London 2012 Games on 4 Giant Screens
- Catch up and coming live music acts on the Bandstand Stage
- Kick back with a drink after work in the al-fresco BT London Live Sports Bars
Visitors to BT London Live Victoria Park 27 July-12 August will get the chance to:
- Have-a-go on the multi purpose sports courts
- Enjoy entertainment on the Main Stage from Norman Jay and Friends, Club de Fromage, Courtney Pine, Sean Rowley’s Guilty Pleasures, Slow Club, Summer Camp Tom Vek, Sound of Latin London, and more
- Experience a first class view of the Olympic Park and the London skyline on the BT Observation Wheel, and sip champagne in a private gondola
- Zip down the 320m long, 45m high, 4 wire Zip Line
- Try your hand at Zorbing, by land or on water
- No matter what your age, have a go at Bungee trampolining
Once the focus shifts to the London 2012 Paralympic Games, BT London Live will relocate to Trafalgar Square between 29th August – 9th September, where a giant screen will show live coverage courtesy of Channel 4. Entertainment and sporting activities at this iconic venue will be announced over the coming weeks.
Even more entertainment, sporting activities, arts and cultural programming and one-off activations will be announced over the coming weeks.
BT London Live is also hosting two Celebration Concerts in Hyde Park to coincide with the Opening and Closing Ceremonies. Snow Patrol, Stereophonics, Duran Duran and Paolo Nutini will perform at the Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert on Friday 27 July, whilst Blur headline the Closing Ceremony Celebration Concert on Sunday 12 August, with special guests New Order and The Specials. For tickets and more information go to www.btlondonlive.com.